Life > Experiences

Unique Activities to do with your Bestie or your Boo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

After a long day of classes, work and homework it can be hard to feel motivated to do something fun. Putting on a show or a movie may be easy but sometimes I have an inkling to do more. However, living in such a small college town leaves little to do or explore. Many ideas on the internet such as “Hot Air Ballooning” simply aren’t feasible to me or my budget. To combat this boredom and routine I decided to brainstorm some cute activities to do with your bestie or your boo that are affordable and will help you make some new memories together!

1. Bakery or dessert crawl

Instead of a beer crawl why not try a bakery crawl? I am personally a HUGE fan of sweets so stopping by different bakeries or candy shops sounds like a dream. Although you do have to spend some money, you can choose cheaper items if needed. If you have a bigger budget, then you can try multiple things! 

2. Make something from scratch

There’s something satisfying about making something from scratch. Cooking from scratch every day is too time-consuming so trying something new once a week is a much more attainable goal. You can also tailor this to whatever your favorite foods are! A few ideas are pizza, pasta, bread, mozzarella or even boba balls! Try looking up some recipes and see what piques your interest!

3. Spa night & comfort movie

I am convinced that feeling bougie is the easiest way to feel a little happier. Whether you do face masks, paint your nails, pop cucumber slices on your eyes or load up on lotion, this will be a relaxing night leaving you feeling pampered. You can also pop on a comfort movie that you know you love to get the party started.

4. Photoshoot

Do you have an outfit you’ve been dying to wear? Grab a tablecloth or sheet as a backdrop and decorate with some cute balloons! Taking some cute pictures is a great way to boost your confidence and you’ll have memories capturing this fun night with your bestie or boo.

5. Roller SKating

I feel like I go rollerskating once every 3 years and I never quite get the hang of it. Regardless of skill I always go home feeling happy and fulfilled. No matter what your or your friends’ skill levels are, you’re sure to have lots of laughs.

6. Dip Date

Imagine charcuterie boards but dips instead. Some ideas are cheese fondue, chocolate fondue or whatever fits you.

7. Origami

Try watching some youtube videos to make some origami creations. Maybe search up tutorials to make your favorite animal or character! Once you are all done you can pop them on your desk or shelf!

8. Teach each other a new skill 

This is a great way to start a conversation about what secret skills you and your bestie may have. Teaching each other something simple and fun is a great way to connect and share something you’re good at. Maybe it is something like braiding hair, blending eyeshadow, cooking your signature dish or propagating plants. Either way, you’ll have fun and learn something new too.

9. Order a hobby kit

Your Amazon order is on its way! Having a package come is always exciting. By ordering a kit to try a new hobby the fun continues even when the package arrives. Try to pick something you’re genuinely interested in trying. Whether it’s embroidery, paint by numbers, an adult coloring book, or something else you’ve had on your mind it’s never too late to try a new skill, and having someone to join you in learning it can be a great way to connect.

10. Personalize something

Do you have an extra plain shirt or pair of shoes that need some new life? Painting or embroidering on them can make them personalized and new! This is a cheap way to add a fun funky piece to your closet and the materials are inexpensive.

11. Plan a party together

I always save so many pins on Pinterest but never actually do anything with them. Why not grab your bestie and throw a little-themed get-together? I personally love baking and crafts so making decor and food is a great combo. Have fun bouncing ideas around to plan and then enjoy a fun night with some friends. 

12. Popin’ Cookin Kits

I discovered these kits a few years ago and I have been obsessed! You just add water to these packets and follow different steps to make the items. The kits all make mini food items and the burger and fry kit literally tastes like burger and fries. They’re interesting and fun and only take 30 minutes or so. 

13. Plant something together

I’m a plant lover so I’m a little biased here, but I think adding a plant to your home or room really brightens up the place. I also find it exciting to watch them grow! Even if you’re not a plant person you could always add a practical plant like herbs to spice up your cooking! There are tons of cute little grow kits that include everything you need to get started. Pothos plants are also an easy favorite to get you started on your plant journey! 

Check out the rest of our page for more articles!

Hello, my name is Enjoli and I am double majoring in Primate Behavior & Ecology and Anthropology. I am very passionate about animals and conservation. In my free time I love painting, hiking, baking, and other forms of creating.