Life > Experiences

Tips for Superbowl Weekend in Vegas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

I just got back from a long weekend away in Vegas for the Superbowl and it was unlike anything I have experienced when it comes to sporting events.  The crowds are wild, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was so much fun.  Being that I have never traveled on Superbowl weekend here are a few tips I learned along the way that will help you plan your trip for next season. 

• Plan Ahead: Like everything, seriously plan ahead.  I knew there would be a lot of people in town for all the parties going on, but I never imagined anything like this.  Always book your hotel well in advance, get the best deals if at all possible and shop around early. 
  • Don’t Overpack: My biggest downfall is packing way more than I need.  I chose to pack a little lighter this time and it worked in my favor.  I was able to have some room for any shopping I did, plus some new clothing that I treated myself with.  When in doubt if you can, stick with carry-on items and smaller pieces of luggage. 
  • Know your surroundings: I stayed at the Flamingo this weekend which was a great location with lots to do just steps outside of the hotel.  The first night my boyfriend and I walked around to get to know what was around us and scope out things we wanted to try whether it was food, shopping or fun activities.
  • Find Your Party Early: Lots of places were advertising Superbowl party packages for different inclusions and prices.  All-you-can-eat food, drink or limited to how much each group spent.  Shop around find the options that fit your group best and book immediately to get the best seat in the house. 
  • Venture Outside the Strip: The strip has everything and then some but venturing outside of it can be fun and not quite as busy.  Find fun things to do like taking the afternoon to enjoy Top Golf or heading to Area 15 to enjoy its eccentric atmosphere.  It is just a quick Uber ride away and worth it to get out of the busy areas of the strip. 
Anna Schultz-Girl And Guy Playing Beer Pong
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

This past weekend was an absolute blast.  I highly recommend getting a group together and going to a Superbowl party in Las Vegas.  It is more fun than you could imagine.  Take these tips and use them to plan your next destination sports party or gear up for the next Superbowl to make it a memorable one!

My name is Katelyn Richardson. I am 29 years old. I am currently attending Central Washington University studying for my Master's in food and sciences to become a nutritionist and later a diabetes educator for kids. I've been personally battling type 1 diabetes since I was six years old. I love being outside, vintage shopping, watching movies, and going to stock car races! I love being a Her Campus Contributor because it gives me a platform to talk about current issues, topics I'm passionate about & real-life relatable experiences.