Culture > Digital

The Best Apps to Enhance Your Instagram Feed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Earlier this year I was given the opportunity to manage the Facebook and Instagram pages of the restaurant that I work for, and it has been a blast! I’ve learned so much and have enjoyed the creative outlet – and the additional income – so I thought that I would share the best apps to create social media content!

Canva

Canva is an easy-to-use graphic design software with templates for every social media platform and business you could imagine! There are templates for Facebook and Instagram posts, stories, highlight covers, presentations, flyers, business cards, resumes, and more. There are many ways to create custom work that looks professional on their mobile app and website. Canva is free to use; however, I pay for their monthly subscription to unlock more graphic design tools and their content calendar. The content calendar is incredibly handy for scheduling social media posts in advance so that they upload to Facebook and Instagram when I am busy!

Feed Preview

If you know anything about Instagram, you know that it’s all about having an aesthetically pleasing profile. I care about how posts appear when browsing a profile, so Feed Preview is a great app to see how a post will flow with the others before you hit publish! Simply log in and the app will upload your feed and show you how your upcoming posts will appear.

VSCO

VSCO, my favorite photo editing app for several years now, has it all. It offers more enhancement features than your camera roll editor and includes free photo filters to create a similar theme to all your photos. I always increase the brightness and add a natural filter to my photos, and often adjust contrast and crop the size. I have also used their video editor a few times, and it is nice to use if you choose to pay for the subscription!

Adobe Creative Cloud

I no longer have access to Adobe’s Creative Cloud software, as it is rather expensive, but I was able to use their programs for free for one quarter as a student and I loved it! I frequently used the Illustrator and Photoshop programs, which took some practice, but they were great. If you plan to begin a career in graphic design or social media, these are impressive programs to include on your resume!

These apps don’t have to be for business accounts; make your Instagram stand out against the others in no time with these fun programs!

Like this article? Check out @hercampuscwu on Instagram for more!

Kyla is a senior at Central Washington University double majoring in Marketing Management and Leadership and Management with a minor in Digital Marketing. She enjoys reading, cooking, and playing with her dogs.