Style

Seven Spring Style Trends You Don’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

We can’t all be fashionistas, so I’m here to let you in on the top seven spring style trends for 2021!

Bright Pastels

Jadeite green had a moment in 2020, but this spring the door has opened to other adorable colors like orange creamsicle, powder blue, and plumeria pink. It’s no surprise that we all want a little color and fun in our wardrobes, especially while enduring a year-long pandemic.

Knitwear

Speaking of the pandemic, my staple work from home outfit is sweatpants and a hoodie. But who says that can’t be elevated? This spring is all about knits (bonus points if it’s in a bright pastel color). Ditch your tie-dyed sweatsuit for a fun knitwear set this spring, you’ll thank me later.

Fur Trim

Oh fur, you will never leave us, will you? Fur trim has been around forever, but it’s definitely going to have the spotlight in 2021.

Funky Pants

Whether they’re patterned, sequined, or embroidered, funky pants are going to be everything. I’m not talking zebra or cheetah print either. Think 60s and 70s patterns but brought up to speed for 2021.

Chunky Jewelry

If Emma Chamberlain posts it, expect it to start trending. This spring we’re saying adieu to metal jewelry and opting for bigger, bolder, glass, and clay pieces.

Asymmetric Cutouts

We’ve been seeing this style in a lot of different pieces but this spring it’s only going to get bigger. Expect to see this trend seep into everything from swimwear, athleisure, and even more elevated styles.

Mini Skirts

Tennis skirts were all the rage last spring and summer, but that’s sooo 2020. This year we’re throwing it back to the 2000s à la Paris Hilton. Paired with a crop top, crewneck, or bralette, this skirt will be totally hot.

Will you be adopting any of these looks this spring? Bright pastels are definitely calling my name. Let us know over on our Instagram which style trend is your favorite!

XOXO HC

HC CWU Events and Marketing Director / Personal Financial Planning & Entrepreneurship / Cancer Sun