This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

As much as we all wish for COVID-19 to be over, it doesn’t seem like that will happen for another 1-3 months. You can only watch tik tok, Youtube, and Netflix mindlessly for a few hours before going insane. Here’s a list of useful ideas that you can do productively that you can actually put on your resume.

Draw.

woman oil painting on canvas
Photo by Jade Stephens on Unsplash

It’s actually therapeutic to color or draw anything from a reference. It provides you time to chill while not staring at a screen. 

Meditate
Yoga
Kristine Mahan / Spoon

With all the news going around talking about the number of cases rising, it’s easy to get paranoid and develop anxiety / mental health problems. I personally like to practice a little bit of mindfulness by using the app Headspace and doing yoga workouts with no equipment. 

Learn 
woman using laptop
Pixy

Take a FREE college course from an IVY League University on the website classcentral.com. You can browse through over 1400 + courses in subjects such as business, science, social studies, etc. Certificates are also available for $49 and are an amazing Resume booster.

Get involved
facetiming on a laptop
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

Join a club, movement, or organization on Zoom. Everyone knows that Zoom is a new interesting website that is helping students all over the country learn. A lot of clubs and organizations are holding virtual meetings on Zoom, so even if you couldn’t join during the school year, now you can! Movements like the Sunrise Movement are holding virtual lessons talking about how the coronavirus is connected to global warming. More information can be found on their website sunrisemovement.org/sunrise-school

Hopefully, these ideas are helpful and remember to stay positive and stay inside! The more productive you are inside, the less likely you are to worry, and hopefully, things can go back to normal soon. 

Stay Safe Wildcats!

I'm a freshman at CWU hoping to pursue education and marketing with a film and theater minor. I love to watch YouTube, journal, and paint during my free time. Check out my social media to connect with me!