Movies That Inspired Me to Live My Best Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Sometimes it’s the smaller things in life that keep us going! Whether it’s a surprise coffee from a loved one or a high grade on an exam or project, there are several small things that remind us that we matter and have potential to be the best possible versions of ourselves.

Sitting down and watching a great movie or reading a book can have a similar effect on our mindsets and emotions. Movies have the power to bring out the best in our emotions. Some movies will bring us to tears while others will have us on the edge of our seats in anticipation. 

But there are also movies that will teach us the importance of appreciating what we have in life while we are still here and to never give up when the going gets tough. There are few movies that have taught me these life lessons and I am going to break them down for you.

1. Legally Blonde (2001)

As Reese Witherspoon’s character Elle Woods never gave up on her pursuit of becoming a successful lawyer, she also learned to advocate for herself along the way. Watching Elle Woods overcoming the odds to become a successful lawyer inspired me to go after my goals and never give up no matter what got in my way in life.

2. stand by me (1985)

If you don’t know the story of Stand By Me, Stand By Me follows four adolescent boys in their quest of recovering the dead body of a missing boy. While on their journey, the boys learn about each other and that they can strive to be anything they want to be in life. 

Not only did this movie inspire me to go after what I wanted in life, but it also taught me the valuable lesson of not giving up on yourself in the process. Even when the going gets rough, it is important to trust the process and know that with hard work everything will eventually work out in life.

3. Forrest Gump (1994)

The words “Run Forrest, Run” inspired me to overcome my challenges in life, including my experiences with my anxiety and my Autism. As Forrest Gump overcame his challenges that stemmed from his intellectual and physical disability and from coming from a single parent household, he did not let his challenges get in the way of achieving the things he did. 

Movies are powerful in the messages they interpret to the audience, whether they are tear-jerking, inspirational, or thought-provoking, movies can move you in ways that can impact your mindset in life. 

XOXO Her Campus

Hi there! I am third-year student at CWU majoring in psychology with a minor in theatre arts. In my spare time, I enjoy baking, reading, singing, and exercising.