I Tried Flex: Here’s What Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

I was scrolling through Instagram one day and I stumbled upon something called “Flex.” Flex is a disposable menstrual disk that you use as a tampon, menstrual cup or pad replacement. This product is a revolutionary update for females when they are on their periods, it is truly amazing.

Here are just a few of the benefits of using Flex:

• Lasts up to 12 hours
  • Mess-free period sex
  • Designed for your body
  • 60% less waste than tampons
  • Reduces cramps in 70% of users
  • Not linked to TSS

Unlike tampons, you can wear Flex up to 12 hours which means no changing tampons throughout the day while you are at work, school, the gym or really anywhere! By having the freedom to not need a bathroom every few hours, you are free to do whatever you please all day long.

Flex comes in adorable packaging, and each disk comes in its own individual packaging that you then use for disposal. The box comes with a little book that has tips and tricks on how to insert, wear and dispose of Flex. The book warns you, that you probably won’t be able to get Flex inserted correctly the first couple periods, because Flex sits past your vaginal canal in your vaginal fornix. By it being placed here, it creates a leak free seal that catches (rather than absorbs) menstrual fluid and is the only internally-worn product not linked to TSS.

I tried this product myself for my last period, and let me be honest I had a hard time getting it inserted the first couple days of my cycle. I struggled getting it to stay in place throughout the day, I kept trying during the day to move it but I struggled. By the second to last day I ended up getting it perfectly in place and I was able to wear it all day, leak free.

I know it will be a struggle in order to get Flex to fit perfectly the next time I get my period, but it was so nice when it finally fit! I would recommend this to any of my girl friends who struggle with tampons and pads every month, it’s a big pain in the ass to have a period every month but Flex makes it a little more bearable. 

Hey HC chapters, have any of your members tried out Flex? If so, leave us a comment in the box below!