Girl On Bench With Backpack
Girl On Bench With Backpack
Her Campus Media
Wellness

How to Enjoy the Season of Spring While Committing Time to Online Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

While there are currently many educational and social changes taking place for college students such as moving to online learning and practicing social distancing from friends during the Coronavirus, it can be difficult to feel hopeful about the upcoming future. You might be thinking about if spring will carry the same feelings as it has in the past and plan on adjusting parts of your lifestyle, but remaining strong by limiting negative thoughts and creating new exciting ideas to brighten your springtime mood will ultimately help shift your perspective. I personally do not know a lot of people who like to only work indoors when the weather is just starting to become warm, but I have some quick tips for students who wish to excel in their courses while receiving extra rays of sunshine!

Bring Spring Break Vibes and School Work to Your Backyard

SP Home Rep
Artem Beliaikin on Unsplash

There are some assignments for your classes that could probably be completed right outside your home like reading your textbooks with your sunglasses on or taking time to update your weekly planner. Make a playlist full of your favorite springtime hits if that helps you feel motivated! If working inside makes you feel productive, let natural light inside your room by opening your shades or blinds during the middle of the day. There will be tasks that obviously have to be completed on a laptop with available Wi-Fi but try to use opportunities to be in your backyard when you can!

Take Short Mental Breaks Outside

girl happy colorado travel hiking waterfall smile sunglasses hat
Cameron Smith / Her Campus

You’re still entitled to short breaks from assignments even when your completing work at home! Reward yourself by enjoying a short hike or walk somewhere local to clear your head and get some fresh air before moving on to your next priority. As the quarter keeps moving along, you may find more opportunities to have your skin glowing! Remember to practice social distancing if other individuals are also around outside.

Find Creative Ways to Also Bring Spring Indoors

Jason Briscoe
Jason Briscoe / Unsplash

The season can also in some ways be celebrated indoors if you think creatively! Turn on your oil diffuser and have scents that remind you of tropical weather or landscapes while completing work. Watch some of your all-time favorite movies like Spring Breakers to get in all the vacation feels. I eat fresh berries and fruits religiously during this time of the year, so I recommend stocking up the fridge with natural sugars or other foods that remind you of spring. Maybe try a new spring makeup or skin routine that is suggested by your favorite beauty vlogger!

This spring quarter may present a whirlwind of challenges for every student, whether that is feeling trapped indoors, needing to self-isolate from close friends and family, or learning to adapt to online school, but constantly remind yourself that everyone is in this together.

Leslie is the Vice President and Chief Editor for Her Campus Central Washington University. As a senior at CWU studying English Literature, she hopes to one day become an investigative journalist. Her many interests include playing tennis, watching The Office, and traveling. Leslie is from Issaquah, Washington and she has been writing for Her Campus for two years.