This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Now that Halloween is over and November is officially here, Her Campus CWU has so many things that we’re thankful for this month. Were pretty sure tha November is (debatably) the best month of the entire year, and here’s why:

Thanksgiving

An obvious November favorite. Whether your Turkey Day food of choice is the mashed potatoes or the stuffing, everyone has a food that they look forward to eating for a week straight. In addition to the food, for a lot of CWU students, Thanksgiving Break will be the first time that they go home to see their families since the beginning of fall quarter. We can’t wait to wake up to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and enjoy a break from classes with our families!

So many days off

It seems like this quarter has just about everyone burnt out. Luckily for us, we’re already almost 8 weeks in and we have a couple of long weekends ahead of us! Veteran’s Day is November 11th, so we will be taking a day off to commemorate the lives of our vets on Friday the 10th. At the end of the month, Thanksgiving gives us a 5-day weekend that no one can complain about. Enjoy your days off, but don’t forget that finals are right around the corner, Wildcats!

Fall Premieres

New seasons of our favorite shows like Fixer Upper, Vanderpump Rules, Shameless, and Stranger Things 2 are at the top of our watch lists this November. With cold weather coming, there’s no better time to binge watch! We hope the upcoming season of Vanderpump Rules brings some savage one liners, but nothing can beat this: 

It’s Officially the Holidays

Now that Halloween is over, it’s now socially acceptable to blast Christmas music whenever and wherever you want. Whether you enjoy the classics, the Justin Bieber Christmas album, or you’re anticipating the releases of new Christmas albums from artists like Sia, Gwen Stefani, or 98 Degrees, there’s no denying that once Halloween is over.

Weather

Central students have been spoiled with a ton of sunshine this fall in Ellensburg. With fall in full swing, we hope November continues to be just as gorgeous as the leaves continue to fall. It’s the least we could ask for with the forecast that’s projected this winter.

CWU Basketball Season

The Wildcats Mens Basketball team opened up the season on October 31st with an overtime win over Northwest University, so we expect nothing but an exciting season for our guys this year. Basketball games always have a packed student section, so catch one of their next home games on November 25th and 30th in the Pav! 

Happy Scorpio Season! 

November is the heart and soul of Scorpio season. Scorpios are passionate, brave, and determined people who are always up for a challenge. That’s exactly what we love about our favorite Scorpio, HC CWU Vice President Madeline! Long story short, we are obsessed with Scorpios. A few more of our favorite Scorpios include Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, and Leonardo Dicaprio. Happy birthday, Scorpios!