Feature Nails Hero
Feature Nails Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Five Steps to the Perfect Fall Manicure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

As we’re all approaching the end of the quarter, life can be pretty stressful. An at-home mani can be the perfect way to unwind and show yourself a little tlc! Make sure to light a fall candle and listen to your favorite playlist. Here are five quick and easy steps for the perfect fall at-home mani!

Prep Nails

You always want to start with a clean base. The best way to do that is by removing old polish with nail polish remover. A non-acetone one is the best option, as it’s less harsh and drying on your nails.

Soak Cuticles 

After that, fill a bowl with warm water and soak your nails for about five minutes and push back your cuticles. You can find a simple mani set at the dollar store for those on a budget!

Use a Base Coat

The key to any good mani is a quality base coat. Find a base coat that’s strengthening or hardening to prevent your nails from breaking. I recommend L.A. Colors Calcium Strength Treatment. I always apply two coats of base coats to prevent any breakage.

Choose the Perfect Fall Color

There is a wide variety of fall colors that look great on every skin tone. Warmer colors such as nudes, wines, and deep blues look amazing. This can also be budget-friendly, as the brand L.A. Colors is often sold at the dollar store! Once you find a color that suits you, make sure to apply two coats to ensure the longevity of your mani.

Top Coat & Cuticle Oil

Make sure to add a top coat to prevent your polish from chipping and to add a little extra shine. Any clear polish will work for this step, I recommend Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat. To finish off the mani, add a slight amount of cuticle oil!

Hopefully, these basic steps to the perfect fall nails come in handy when you need a little time to destress before finals. Remember to show off your new mani this season!

Professional and Creative Writing Major.