Anna Schultz-Girl And Guy Talking At Holiday Party
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Date Night Ideas to Get into the Holiday Spirit With Your Significant Other

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Christmas time is one of my favorite times of the year. The traditions that come around that you can share make it so magical and memorable. I always look forward to fun activities that only come around once a year. Here are a few date night ideas for you and your significant other to get in the spirit of the season. 

• Christmas Movie Night: I always enjoy a good Christmas classic movie, whether it’s The Grinch, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation or The Polar Express, they all exude the magic of the season that we all love. Pair a classic Christmas movie with a holiday treat or movie favorites with a holiday-themed twist (i.e., popcorn with green & red M&M’s). 
  • Holiday Puzzles: In our house, we enjoy putting together puzzles. When the holiday rolls around it’s a great way to do a fun activity when the weather is so cold, and you just want to be cozy. Pick a fun winter or Christmas-themed puzzle and start blasting the Christmas music! We let Alexa be our guide to the best holiday tunes. 
  • Christmas Light Tour: As a kid, I loved getting in the car and driving around the town looking at all the different Christmas light displays. Some towns have a Christmas light tour that posts the addresses of the best lights to check out in your town. Grab your list or go on an adventure and drive around town to look at the beautiful lights. Pair this with a festive drink like a toasty hot cocoa for a tasty treat. 
  • Gingerbread House Competition: A friendly competition or a time to decorate together! Gingerbread houses are fun to display as décor for your holiday season. Gone are the days of just the traditional gingerbread house, but now there are villages, trains and campers.  Unleash your creativity with baked goods and confectionery. 
  • Christmas Crafts: Handmade items are perfect for this time of year when you want to gift something special. I love Christmas crafts, especially making ornaments. Grab some supplies to create perfect Christmas ornaments for your tree. Keep this as a tradition to make an ornament for each other or create together as the years go on. 

The holidays are so special, and it is even more special when you are spending it with the ones you love. Take the time to enjoy one of the most magical times of the year and create traditions and special moments together to help unplug and unwind from the craziness of life. Enjoy the spirit of the season! Find more ideas through all social media platforms to get inspired for holiday-themed date nights. 

My name is Katelyn Richardson. I am 29 years old. I am currently attending Central Washington University studying for my Master's in food and sciences to become a nutritionist and later a diabetes educator for kids. I've been personally battling type 1 diabetes since I was six years old. I love being outside, vintage shopping, watching movies, and going to stock car races! I love being a Her Campus Contributor because it gives me a platform to talk about current issues, topics I'm passionate about & real-life relatable experiences.