This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Going out seems so much more expensive anymore and to me, it seems like more of a treat to do that rather than a weekly thing. Here are a few ideas that can make a date night in feel more fun while also making it affordable for both.  

Creative Builds: Ever since Christmas I have been hooked on the adult Lego sets. I got one for the both of us to put together and it’s fun to just take the time and build something together. I highly recommend Legos if you want to unplug and be creative.

Let’s Get Deep: One of my favorite couple’s card games is Let’s Get Deep which gives you certain talking points to have a conversation with your partner. They start easy and then gradually build into much deeper topics. This is a great idea to get yourselves out of your comfort zone.  

Wine Tasting: If you’re 21 years of age and over and you love wine, create an at-home tasting experience. I have a couple of bottles sitting around and it gives you a good excuse to recreate the winery vibe. Pair it with your favorite crackers, meats and cheeses for the ultimate recreation.

Puzzle Around: Our favorite thing to do as a couple is putting together a puzzle. We have quite the collection going so it makes it fun and a bit of a challenge to see how quickly we can get one put together. Another great idea if you want to unplug from technology.

Fondue for Two: For Christmas, I got the most amazing fondue pot from my boyfriend’s mother, and I absolutely love it. Some of the recipes in the book can be on the spendy side for ingredients so I recommend hopping on Pinterest for some easier, cost-effective ones. Go either sweet or savory and pair it with your favorite dippable items.

At-Home Movie Theater: Another Christmas gift I got that I am dying to try out is my wall projector, perfect for movie nights. Creating a comfy cozy area with lots of pillows and blankets and a wall space big enough to create that out to the movies kind of date. If you don’t have a projector grab your laptop and make a pillow and blanket fort. When picking movies, we usually alternate, my boyfriend’s favorite go-to is doing the IMBD top 100 list when we can never decide on a movie.  

A few simple ideas that don’t break the bank. Date night doesn’t have to be expensive or stressful. Getting you and your partner to get creative on ways to spend time together can be fun and memorable. There’s always room for fun date ideas in your relationship.  

My name is Katelyn Richardson. I am 29 years old. I am currently attending Central Washington University studying for my Master's in food and sciences to become a nutritionist and later a diabetes educator for kids. I've been personally battling type 1 diabetes since I was six years old. I love being outside, vintage shopping, watching movies, and going to stock car races! I love being a Her Campus Contributor because it gives me a platform to talk about current issues, topics I'm passionate about & real-life relatable experiences.