Style > Beauty

5 Ways to Elevate Your Shower Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Between your roommates and the dorms, it can be more difficult than one would think to get a little much needed “you time.” And we all know how important self care is.

For a lot of people, baths and showers have always been a sanctuary where you can decompress, relax and wash away the stresses of the day. This is difficult to do when your “sanctuary” is a communal space and the warm water is limited.

Invest in a Good Body Wash

Source

Even though you don’t notice it, body wash lingers on that cute bod of yours so it’s important that it isn’t drying out or building up on your skin. That old dried up bar of soap is not going to do the job. Next time your shopping for a body wash, take some time and pick out your fave and spend a little extra on the body wash that is going to look and feel as good as it smells.

Aromatherapy

Source

The most underrated form of relaxation is aromatherapy. There are plenty of ways to make any shower space smell pretty for at least the length of your shower with products like shower sprays and of course the classic candles.

Shower Playlist

Source 

There’s no place like your bathroom to perform your favorite songs. It’s also a good way to time your showers! Shower speakers are super affordable and they connect right to your phone. So whether you need to hype yourself up for a test with some Drake or relax after a long day with some Ed, your fave artists will practically be right there with you (if you’re into that sorta thing).

Shower Scrubs

Click Here

Exfoliating is key for fresh and healthy skin! Shower scrubs make it easy and oh-so relaxing to rinse off that dead skin and leave you feeling fresh and clean.

Scalp Massage

A great way to promote scalp health and also release some tension is to massage your scalp during your shampoo! As weird as it sounds, rubbing your scalp stimulates it and promotes hair growth. So either way you can’t go wrong.

Just because you are required to spend the next 2-4 years of your life sharing a shower does not mean you have to sacrifice your much deserved shower times.

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!