This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Our schedules are constantly packed with work, school, friends, and homework and because of that, every college student struggles when it comes to creating healthy and consistent eating habits. When you find yourself wanting to grab some fries or a piece of pizza just because it’s quick, look no further! These four recipes will offer you a healthier alternative to some of the unhealthy foods you like to reach for.

Nutritional Information: Eating a well-balanced diet is essential for your health. Along with these yummy recipes you should be consuming vegetables, fruit, grains, dairy, and protein daily. According to ChooseMyPlate.gov you should strive to make half of your plate fruits and veggies (varying your vegetables and focusing on whole fruit), make half your grains whole grains, move to low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt, and vary your protein routine. Even making small changes in your diet can improve your health in the long run. If you have questions on Nutrition ChooseMyPlate.Gov is a great resource.  

Now Let’s Get Into The Recipes!

Pizza

This yummy recipe for “Roasted Bell Pepper-and-Olive Pizza” yields 12 slices of pizza which makes it a great option for those long study night with friends. It contains only 104 calories per serving as well as 4.6g of protein and 2.1g of fiber!

Check out this recipe here

Cookies

This recipe will surely curve your sweet tooth! Paleo recipes avoid processed sugars which is why these cookies are a great alternative to your regular store-bought cookies. These Paleo Chocolate Chip cookies take only 25 minutes to make and yields 24 cookies per batch which make it the perfect party recipe!

Check out this recipe here

Potato Chips

Everyone loves some Potato Chips now and then! They are a tasty and quick snack you can get pretty much anywhere but, if you’re looking to up your health game this savory low-calorie oven baked Potato Chip recipe will give you just what you’re looking for. With 2g of protein and only 75 calories per 100g, you can enjoy these Potatoes without any guilt! (It also has very few ingredients which is a plus!)

Check out this recipe here

Pop-Tarts

If you’re in a pinch for breakfast this healthier Pop Tart recipe is here to save your day! This recipe checks all of the boxes, it’s Vegan, Dairy and Gluten free, Low-Carb and yields 6 easy-to-freeze tarts that will guarantee you breakfast every day of the school week!

Check out this recipe here

Have any other “cheat” recipes that you can’t live without? Make sure to let us know!!

My name is Rayven Crawford! I am a Junior at CWU studying to be an English teacher. Some of my hobbies include going out to eat (If you haven't tried The Porch here in Ellensburg you have to), spending time with friends and most importantly writing. Reading my content will offer you articles on Health, Life and everything in between!