2019: The End of a Decade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

There are only two months left in 2019, not only does that mean this year is coming to an end, but it is also the end of the decade (that’s honestly so crazy to me). As each year goes by it’s always a good time to look back at what happened, see how you grew and what you learned at this time in your life 20 some years in. 

I am a firm believer in reflecting on each year as it comes to an end rather than making new years resolutions at the beginning. I do this because, let’s be real, who REALLY sticks to their resolution made in January. If you did, honest props to you girl, because following through can be really challenging for some people, myself included. I also think it’s better to look back on your personal improvements, rather than being disappointed in yourself that you failed to keep the resolutions you set. No matter if you had the worst year of your life or the best year, it’s so important to look at the highs and lows of the year and process how you felt, who was in your life and when, how you feel, and how you want your next year to go. Change is important and necessary for growth (yes, also terrifying), but don’t be scared to make some tweaks if something doesn’t feel right. 

The best things that has happened to me this year came from leaps of faith that I took, decisions that I made, and situations where didn’t let fear get the best of me.  You are the only person that knows what is best for you, so don’t cut yourself short of your true and full potential.  If you need a sign to take action, make a change, cut toxic people out, or take that leap of faith, this is your sign, and make 2020 your year babe!

Check out my 2018 article here!

HCXO

Her Campus CWU President, Editor-in-chief, and Writer Senior at Central Washington University Major: Social Services Minor: Communications