Dear DC Metro System

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

*A love letter to the DC Metro System 

Dear DC Metro,

I am sorry I have ever hated on you and I am sorry if I have ever rolled my eyes when I had to wait for you. I have realized how much you actually mean to me. From October 29th-November 22nd hard working men and women have been making you safer. This means that many people had to offset their usual metro rides and take the bus or the red line shuttle to the metro. I have opted to take the bus to my internship and it takes about an hour to get there and back. That means I have to get up extra early and if I miss the bus by even a second it’ll take another 20 minutes of waiting until the next bus comes. This means that I sit in anxiousness all the way to my job because I am not sure if i’ll actually be on time. 

I also realized that people like to talk loudly on the bus about anything and everything and I mean EVERYTHING. My friend told me a story that a person said to someone on the other line that if it were a movie I dont think it would have a rating. There are also more fights on the bus then there are in Vegas. So with that being said Thanksgiving break couldn’t come fast enough, for when I get back from New Jersey and you will be up running once more. I will never take you for granted again, I will ride in the mornings with a smile. 

Sincerely,

-A DC Metro Rider