Barnes & Noble Hosts Open Mic Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

This past week CUA’s Program Board hosted an “Open Mic Night” at Barnes & Noble on Monroe Street. People were invited to sign up for a specific time to perform their talents of singing, playing guitar, and keyboard. Here is a picture of two students that participated, Dylan Vetick and Al Capicchioni. They performed, “Slow Dancing in a Burning Room” by John Mayer and “You and Me” by Lifehouse. There were many incredible performances in addition to Dylan and Al’s; not to mention it was the perfect study break to grab a coffee and wind down. Be sure to check out Program Board for the next Open Mic Night!

Caroline is a senior at The Catholic University of America studying Marketing. Along with her studies she is the Co-Founder and Co-Correspondent (Co-Editor-in-Chief) of Her Campus CUA, and works part time at a popular bbq place in downtown Washington, DC.  In her free time she enjoys exploring the city with friends and hunting down the best BLT. She hopes that bringing Her Campus to CUA will give students a new way to express themselves that has not been offered before.
Raised in Winchester, Massachusetts, Katherine is a Marketing major at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.. She  has a passion for yoga, traveling, skiing, her dogs, and pasta. In addition to being the Co-Founder and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus CUA, she works at an Irish Pub on Capitol Hill.  She hopes Her Campus will unite the women of CUA and she attempts to occassionally bring femininity and the dynamics of living in Washington, D.C. into her articles.