Hero Copy
Hero Copy
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Wellness

Why Is Everyone Super Into Astrology Right Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

What’s your sun sign? I’m a Pisces for reference. Astrology has gained some significant traction lately, and its prominence has been seen throughout various social media platforms. The entire phenomenon is simply the study of the influence and relation that cosmic objects, including planets and stars, have on human beings and the details and events of our lives. Astrologers have the belief that the positions of the Moon, Sun and all of the other known planets at the time someone is born, have a direct influence on that person’s character and personality, and while these placements and positions are believed by astrologers to indicate one’s destiny, they still value the influx of free will and how that dictates the events our lives.

The enjoyment that comes from our indulgence into the world of astrology, where it can be as little as reading your daily horoscope, to completely understanding your own birth chart, as well as the different cosmic events such as Mercury Retrograde, and various other aspects of astrology, is something that is incredibly interesting to observe in the rise of prominence of astrology as of lately. 

This spike in interest in astrology recently, I feel can be attributed to the extensive amount of time we have all had to reflect on ourselves and the world around us, which we can credit the lovely pandemic for. Astrology gives many people something to believe in,  something that doesn’t have a singular figure or multiple figures, but rather influences a belief in one’s self. The understanding of who you are and even if you don’t quite believe that the planets dictate that for yourself, there’s a comfort in having some form of understanding as to the ways your mind works, and why we do things that we can’t always explain. 

Astrology gives some kind of substance that is unique to everyone, as everyone’s individual birth chart, all of the positions of the planets, explain some part of themselves, one that a lot of people feeling incredibly lost and unsure of things in the midst of a seemingly never-ending pandemic, really need. 

So whether you believe in your horoscope, or your entire birth chart, or are an astrologer yourself, there’s some peace in understanding some parts of yourself you could never put into words prior. 

I am currently majoring in Business, with my emphasis undeclared but I am looking at likely Management or Marketing and am looking at starting a Social Responsibility and Ethics certificate. I also plan on minoring in Political Science. I really enjoy music and building the most extensive of playlists and trying a lot of new foods and exploring different restaurants, and playing soccer any chance I get!
Sko Buffs!