This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The box itself is perfectly discreet, a plain black cube filled with goodies! And my bank statements will be, too, if you were wondering. With so many options for your subscription, Shagg Box truly knows how to give the people what they want.

The box I received contained four wonderful items along with a note from the company. They truly put customers (or “Shaggers”) first with perks like free shipping, solo and couples oriented boxes, a free chat function on their website to connect you with a sexpert, oh and your first box is FREE!

One of my favorite parts of Shagg Box is that they donate 10% of their revenue from every purchase to MESA, Boulder County’s only rape crisis center. In operation since 1972, MESA provides vital sexual wellness resources to our community like a 24-hour hotline, services like victim advocacy and case management, and education for young people about consent and relationships. Knowing that my subscription benefits this amazing local organization is very special.

But what exactly did I receive in the “Pussy Pack”? Well, you as a subscriber have the option to completely customize your box or to purchase the seasonal membership box, which is available to individuals or couples based on their preferences. If you choose to create your own box set, there are TONS of options for you including clothing, sexy games, and toys and tools for all kinds of play, from vanilla to very kinky. My four items are Water-Slide lubricant, ON natural arousal oil, the Purple Passion bullet vibrator, and Smart Cleaner by Evolved.

Water-Slide Personal Lubricant

I love a good water-based lube for several reasons. They’re safe to use with male condoms and with silicone toys, they won’t stain your sheets, and they’re so much easier to clean off of your body instead of making you feel sticky. To be fair, the downside is that they don’t work well if you’re trying to use them in an already wet situation, like a shower. But with Water-Slide you do not have to worry about preservatives or other weird potential allergens, this one is all-natural, vegan, and won’t dry out before you’ve enjoyed yourself.

ON Natural Arousal Oil by Sensuva

This is for external use only!! It is meant to be used on your or your partner’s clitoris and takes only two minutes to start working. Just one to two drops (and then re-apply as needed) and the sensations are amazing.

Purple Passion Bullet Vibrator by Evolved

This vibrator is only as long as my index finger (hence the term “bullet vibe”) and about the same girth as my thumb, but the seven vibration speeds are out of this world. There is a range, from steady and powerful to infrequent pulses designed for building the tension. For personal or partner play, everyone will enjoy how easy it is to charge (USB cord included), how long-lasting the juice is (seriously, a full 90 minutes!), the fact that it’s water-proof, and that sweet five-year warranty just in case something goes wrong. It’s up to you precisely where you’ll be using this itty bitty bullet, but one thing’s for sure, good things do come in small packages.

Advanced Smart Cleaner by Evolved

Talk about aftercare! Washing your toys before and after use keeps everybody (particularly YOUR body) safe and ready to go. This all-natural cleaner makes a great addition to your routine, just add water and a clean towel to dry.

CU Boulder exclusive discount? Yes, please!

You read that correctly! If you use the code “hercampuscu” at checkout, you can get $5 off the “Pussy Pack” or you can get $5 off on a vibrator of your choosing. I seriously love Shagg Box’s dedication to the Boulder community in providing us this discount plus the revenue going back to our own MESA crisis center.

Make this the year that you invest in your sexual health (and pleasure) and subscribe to Shagg Box, you won’t regret it. Remember to chat with a sexpert on their website if you have any questions before you purchase. Be safe and enjoy yourself!

Sarah Adams

CU Boulder '26

Linguist and cat person, most likely watching a hockey game, but I ought to be working on my dissertation.