This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

In the age of filters and photoshop, it can be easy to feel self-conscious. Therefore, surrounding yourself with the right influences is essential, especially when it comes to sex and body positivity. You deserve to follow accounts that make you feel confident and informed about your body. Here are a few sex-positive Instagram accounts I suggest following to help make browsing your Instagram feed a more positive and empowering experience. 

@getmaude

According to their website, Co-Creative Directors Éva Goicochea and Dakota Johnson (yes, the Fifty Shades Dakota Johnson) create the “new chapter in the sexual wellness industry” with their brand maude. The Instagram account for the brand, @getmaude, boasts an aesthetically pleasing feed featuring their variety of intimacy essentials, from body washes and candles to lubricants and condoms. Their online publication the maudren also has great articles about sexual health and intimacy advice. 

@corawomen

Cora is a brand committed to providing sustainable and organic period products to women around the world. Their Instagram account is full of positive messages about period products and mental health advocacy. 

@bloodmilkwomen

According to the Blood & Milk website, they work with “medical doctors, journalists, writers, and industry experts to bring you women’s stories, exclusive interviews, and expert advice on a wide range of women’s health topics.” As the editorial platform for Cora, it’s no surprise that they have a strong Instagram presence with an assortment of stunning photos matched with informational captions. 

@thegoodtrade

Featuring a wide variety of content from sustainability to self-love, The Good Trade has a must-follow Instagram platform. The gorgeous photos (and occasional hilarious memes) are sure to bring a smile to your face whenever a post from this account appears on your feed.

@kama.lab

If you’re looking for a more sex-oriented Instagram account, sexual wellbeing app Kama has your back. With posts ranging from “Tips for S.L.O.W. Sex” and “Dirty Talk 101,” @kama.lab provides simple, yet informative, posts promoting sexual awareness. No need to follow a link to another site, this Instagram account delivers all of its information through its posts and captions (which makes it extremely convenient). 

@dameproducts

Brought to you by Dame Products, @dameproducts is a great Instagram account that contains gorgeous blue-themed graphics which educate people on sex toys and sexuality.

@parade

Not specifically about sex, but body-positive, Parade is a sustainable underwear brand that proves every body type is sexy. Their Instagram account is filled with such beautifully aesthetic photos that you won’t be able to help also feeling good about yourself while looking at them. 

Following sex-positive accounts on Instagram is a great way to improve your self-confidence and knowledge about all things sex-related. For more ideas on who to follow, check out a few more influencers here.

Mackenzie is an article contributor for Her Campus at the University of Colorado Boulder. She enjoys writing about a variety of topics with a focus on Beauty, Fashion and Sex + Relationships. During the Spring 2023 semester, Mackenzie had the opportunity to further her public relations studies at the University of Westminster in London. Beyond Her Campus, she has experience writing for other publications including ROAM Boulder, CU Boulder's first life and style publication, and The ISA Journal, a blog dedicated to documenting students' experiences abroad. Additionally, Mackenzie has worked as a Seasonal Associate at Victoria's Secret, where she helped facilitate product releases within the fashion industry --- including the Victoria's Secret Icon Collection. In her free time, Mackenzie enjoys thrifting online, listening to her favorite Spotify playlists (each playlist has to have at least one Selena Gomez song, it's a rule!), and curating new content for her Instagram @mackenziehornik.