6 Body Positive Influencers you NEED to Follow!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

As someone who always struggles with the way they look and the perception of yourself and your body through the media, I started to seek out different individuals to incorporate onto my feed. I wanted my Instagram feed to allow me to feel confident without making me question whether my waist was thin enough, my legs and abs toned enough, or anything quite frankly that I fit into society’s “norm”. Here is a list of some of my favorite body-positive influencers that I think everyone needs to incorporate onto their own personal Instagram feeds.

1. Simi Moonlight
  • Simi is quite possibly my favorite body-positive, lifestyle, wellness, and style influencer. She embraces everything she is and remains confident amongst the negativity! There are not enough nice things I can say about Simi, she is genuine, kind to her followers and encourage others to embrace who they are and not be scared or hesitant based on the pressure the media places on us.

2. Dana Falsetti

• Dana is a health, wellness, and lifestyle influencer who is also a yoga instructor. She is all about finding self-love and confidence especially when individuals with marginalized bodies are oppressed and judged. Dana uses her platforms to engage her audience in conversation as well as amplify the voices of those who have been silenced by society.

3. Em Ford

• Although you may recognize her from her YouTube video “You Look Disgusting” which shows how society views individuals who do not have the “model” or “perfect” complexion. Em shares her makeup journey with her followers and embraces who she is no matter what that may look like. Her main goal is to teach everyone that you are beautiful and you shouldn’t let anyone, even yourself, tell you otherwise.

4. Harnaam Kaur

• Harnaam has always been an advocate for self-love and acceptance since she developed polycystic ovarian syndrome which led her to grow a beard at the age of 16. She shares her love of makeup, lifestyle, and fashion while remaining positive and encouraging her followers to embrace who they are no matter what others around you might say.

5. Nicole Groman, MS, RDN, CDN

• Nicole is a non-diet dietitian that preaches the importance of listening to your body and not depriving it of what it needs. She doesn’t believe in punishing your body or going on diets to lose weight but rather honoring your body and supplying it with what it needs. Nicole notices that there are so many people who will say something is wrong with your body no matter what so that’s why her mission for body confidence is so crucial.

6. Max Hovey

Max is a mental health, sex positivity, and body acceptance influencer. Max has especially struggled with how society views him and the constant critique he receives but he made it his mission to not only embrace who he is but also what he teaches others. He wants everyone to feel loved, accepted, and valued in their own skin no matter what. His platform was one I especially turned to during quarantine.

Lizzie is a senior at DePauw University in Greencastle, IN. She is creating her own major compiled of Economics, Computer Science, and Studio Art which she will call "Emerging Technology in Business & Design". She hopes to own her own cosmetic company one day! Lizzie enjoys playing volleyball, doing anything artsy (embroidery, painting, graphic design, etc), playing around with makeup, and all things fall! Lizzie currently works on the photo blogs and she is also the photographer for DePauw's branch of HerCampus.