Wellness > Health

Free Fitness Class This Friday at the CU Boulder Rec Center!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Every month the CU Rec Center offers a variety of classes free for students, no pass necessary! I’ve only ever been to one free Friday Zumba class, which rocked and was a super fun way to get active. Few are aware of these opportunities, but the Rec has a strength-oriented fitness class coming up (Glutes, Core, and More!) as part of their ‘Friday Power Hours’. 

Here’s a quick breakdown of everything you need to know about the class:

Glutes, Core, and More

October 25

5-6 PM

Located in Studio 2

If you’re looking for a good strength challenge, look no further. Glutes, Core, and More really pushes you. Don’t be intimidated, though. If you’re feeling overexerted, just slow down a bit, focus on stretches, and jump back into the exercises whenever you’re ready. And that goes for all their Friday classes. I hope you take advantage of all the classes and opportunities the Rec Center has to offer and stay tuned for a list of all the November classes!

xoxo,

Megan

* All images courtesy of the University of Colorado Boulder*

Megan Grote

CU Boulder '21

Megan is currently a senior at CU Boulder, graduating December 2020, pursuing a double major in Communication and Chinese, and minoring in Information Science. Originally from Virginia, Megan grew up overseas in Qatar and loves learning about people and their experiences with the world. Her passions include all things ocean and space related, animals, and introducing others to the curative powers of funky socks.