Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Canva
Life > Experiences

Five Reasons Why You Should Join HCCU This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

As I enter my fourth semester as a member of Her Campus CU Boulder, I have been reflecting on what a positive and giving environment this organization has been for me during my time at CU. I have made countless friends, built an amazing resumé, and have created long-lasting relationships in the Boulder community that will certainly serve me in the coming years. Her Campus has taught me so much, and I encourage everyone I meet to look into joining this amazing network of women. Here are my top five reasons why I think everyone should join Her Campus! 

1. Community on Campus

This club has helped me to cultivate a community of like-minded friends and colleagues. Every time I walk on campus, I spot another writer, see someone who was featured on our social media the week before, or meet up with another member of the executive team to plan our meetings. I feel welcomed and known at CU Boulder because of the community I have built through this club. 

1. Social Events

Of course I am biased (as I work to plan many of our events), but I feel that our club events are fun because of the quality time we get to spend together as friends outside of just the magazine. We get together and volunteer, paint, exchange gifts, and watch movies. I feel that we work incredibly hard and get to celebrate our successes with each other at these gatherings. 

1. Professional Growth

Because of this club, I have been able to work to build a resumé I am proud of. The professional connections I made in this organization offered a path towards a spot on the executive team and an outside internship with a company I am incredibly honored to work for. Additionally, Her Campus nationals offers an array of opportunities for our members to work as interns in business development, community management, design, editorial & social, integrated marketing, and product & operations! Her Campus is a part of a larger media group that includes Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, and College Fashionista. There is truly something for everyone in Her Campus. 

1. Improved Writing Skills

Her Campus CU Boulder is a professional magazine, so we work incredibly hard to create quality content for our audience. As a result, our writers go through regular editing processes and writing seminars. We love to see our writers grow through this platform and feel that this growth is reflected in the magazine and in the classroom! 

1. An Outlet for Writing

As a humanities major, I am constantly writing long and rigorous academic papers. Because of this, I was beginning to forget about my passion for writing, it was becoming a chore I no longer looked forward to. After finding HCCU, I was able to rediscover my voice and write about topics I was truly passionate about. Her Campus is an opportunity to put your voice into the world in an impactful way, and I am truly grateful for the space to write with joy! 

Her Campus has been the defining feature of my college experience. I have made amazing, quality friends whom I would not have met without this organization. My personal and professional growth is due to the roles and responsibilities I’ve fulfilled here. Her Campus is a pleasure to be a part of and I hope you consider applying to be a member of our team at CU! 

Alia Davis

CU Boulder '23

Alia is the Director of Outreach and a contributing writer at Her Campus CU Boulder. She is a fourth year student majoring in International Affairs and Anthropology. When she isn't writing articles, she can typically be spotted on a run, watching sad films, or re-reading Dune.