This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Have you been dying to celebrate fall but are not sure how because we are all in quarantine? Well, you’re in luck, fall is here and I’m all about it! Cozy sweaters, changing leaves, and of course, everything pumpkin! 

These delicious fall recipes are so easy to make, all you need is a microwave and a few basic utensils. So, even if you are stuck in your dorm room you can still enjoy these tasty snacks. They are the perfect way for you to treat yourself and your friends after studying for midterms or to spice up your day!

Pumpkin mug cake.

Let’s be honest, would it really be fall without this delicious pumpkin mug cake? This recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your fall sweet tooth craving! If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can top it off with whip cream, caramel or chocolate chips!

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons white cake mix regular or sugar free

1 tablespoon pumpkin puree

1 tablespoon water

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Whipped cream

Directions:

1) Place all ingredients into your microwave safe mug

2) Mix with a fork until all ingredients are combined evenly

3) Microwave on high for 60 seconds

4) Top with whipped cream and enjoy!

Pumpkin oatmeal two ways.

This recipe is perfect for those mornings when you’re running late or just want to try something different! This recipe can be made both in the microwave or as overnight oats, and it tastes like fall in your mouth! Pro tip: you can make a couple jars of overnight oats on Sunday to have on the go throughout the week!

Ingredients:

1 cup Instant Oats

1 and 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)

1/4 cup pumpkin puree

1 tablespoon honey

¼ teaspoon cinnamon

⅛ teaspoon nutmeg

Chocolate Chips (optional)

Directions (For Microwave):

1) Combine oatmeal and milk into a microwave safe bowl or mug and cook for 2 minutes or follow the directions on the package

2) Stir in the spices and honey 

3) Top with chocolate chips (if desired)

Directions (Overnight):

1) Place the oats, milk, and spices into a sealed container

2) Shake the container to mix all of the ingredients

3) Refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours

4) Top with honey and chocolate chips (if desired)

Apple Pie Popcorn.

Need an excuse to make this delicious batch of popcorn? Invite all your girls to a Netflix watch party and stream your favorite movie together while staying at home! Add at-home face masks and mani pedis (socially distanced, of course), and you have the ultimate girls night!

Ingredients:

1 Classic Butter Popcorn Bag

1 Kettle Popcorn Bag

5-6 Tablespoons Butter, Melted 

2 Teaspoons Cinnamon

½ Teaspoon Nutmeg

2 Tablespoons Sugar 

2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar

1 ½ Cup Freeze Dried Apples 

Directions:

1) Pop both bags of popcorn in the microwave for about 2 ½ minutes, or follow the instructions on the bag

2) Combine both popped bags of popcorn and freeze dried apples into a large bowl

3) Mix together the cinnamon, nutmeg, sugars and melted butter until well combined

4) Pour the mixture over the popcorn and carefully mix until the butter mixture is evenly distributed

Microwave pumpkin fudge.

Pumpkin? Fudge? Yes Please! I know when I’m stressed my sweet tooth comes out, and this fudge hits the spot! This fudge is perfect for that late-night snack craving, and the recipe is so easy anyone can make it! Even better, the prep time is under 10 minutes! 

Ingredients:

⅓ Cup Pumpkin Puree

12 oz. White Chocolate Chips

5 Tablespoons Coconut Oil

½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice

A pan for the fudge to set in

Directions:

1) Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe container and microwave at 50 percent power in 30 second intervals until melted

2) Stir in the pumpkin puree and spices and mix until well combined

3) Pour mixture into the pan and freeze for at least one hour

Apple chips.

This is the perfect healthy snack to make in between Zoom classes or while studying for midterms! Add it to yogurt, oatmeal, or even cookies for the ultimate fall treat. Pro tip: You can use these apple chips to replace the freeze dried apples in the Apple Pie Popcorn recipe above! 

Ingredients:

Apples, washed and dried

Directions:

1) Cut off both ends of the apple and slice thinly, you can core the apple before slicing if desired

2) Line a microwave safe plate with parchment paper

3) Line the parchment paper with the apple slices 

4) Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, or until the edges begin to curl up

5) Flip the apple slices over and microwave on high for 30 seconds-1 minute

6) Let the apple slices sit for 10 minutes, or until they are crisp

Now that you have these five easy recipes, there is no excuse for not celebrating fall! If it’s breakfast, snack or a pick me up in late hours of studying, I hope you found your favorite fall treat here! My favorite has to be the apple pie popcorn, there is something about a sweet and salty snack that I cannot resist! When one is your favorite?

Christina Cleveland is a Senior at CU Boulder studying Media Production, Sports Media and Journalism! Originally from DC, Christina has lived in Colorado for over five years after pursuing her career as a Senior National Figure Skater! In her free time, you can find her listening to Halsey, cuddling her pup-Calvin Klein, eating at one of her many favorite spots around Boulder, hanging out with her bestie-roomie or enjoying the incredible beauty Colorado has to offer!
Sko Buffs!