This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

I recently have been craving pizza nonstop but didn’t feel like going out or getting pizza delivered when I decided to try making homemade pizza. Not from scratch pizza (we have finals coming up!!!!!!!), but pizza that I could make at home and feel good about.

Source// Pinterest

So I decided to get some pizza dough from Whole Foods and give it a go.

Source// Pinterest

I was worried that the dough would taste super “doughy” and be really unappetizing, but this was seriously the best homemade pizza I have ever made.

Source// Pinterest

So I wanted to write out the process I followed, so when you’re in a rush and craving pizza you can replicate this one or do your own rendition!

What you’ll need:

• Pizza Dough

• Sauce (I used olive oil)

• Garlic (if you want it)

• Cheese (again, if you want it)

• Any toppings you like on your pizza

Instructions:

1. Start with a thawed dough. (Again mine was from Whole Foods.)

2. I chose to use olive oil because I don’t like red sauce, but use whichever sauce your heart desires.

3. Then I added garlic and veggies, cheese on top and pepperoni.

4. Bake your pizza for 15-20 minutes on 400℉ (or until golden brown), and viola! Homemade pizza!

Source// Pinterest

Source// Pinterest

Two quick side notes, when you’re making this at home make sure to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper so the dough doesn’t stick, and don’t saute your veggies beforehand for a stronger taste!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!