This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

In my opinion, spring is the hardest and most stressful semester to complete. After getting a taste of freedom, we are back in a desk dreaming about warm summer days. It’s so close but so far. I find that I become less motivated and more unorganized as the year progresses. But, with the help of these apps, I am able to overcome my school troubles.

Todoist

I use this app to organize all of my to-do lists: everything between homework assignments, clubs, and everyday chores. This app allows you to organize all of your lists into different categories and even assign each task a level of importance to help you time manage better. What I love most about this app, however, is the “karma rating”. Every time you complete your tasks your rating increases and will decrease if you fail to complete tasks that you have assigned each day. It is kind of like a game and pushes me to complete my to-do list each and every day.

Quizlet

Yes, we all know about this magical app but, just in case you have not had the chance to take advantage of it yet, here you go! Quizlet is like a flashcard app that allows you to study more efficiently for tests. It was originally designed for studying foreign languages but students use it for every subject! You can create a practice test, studying flashcards, or learn the material through multiple-choice, true and false, and matching questions. Quizlet saves all of the study sets in their system and therefore you may find another student’s study set for your class. How easy is that?

MyFitnessPal

Although not school related, health and fitness is crucial to fueling the brain. I find that a healthy diet and adequate exercise helps me succeed in the classroom. MyFitnessPal allows you to log your food and count your macronutrients to ensure you are eating enough each day and the right nutrients. This app also allows you to log your water intake and exercise and gives you graphs that summarize your activity and food intake throughout the day. If you have always been interested in trying a macro diet or just feel like you should pay attention to your calorie intake, this is the app for you.

Transit

As a CU Boulder student, the bus system has saved my life. Most of my classes happen to be in the Armory or Hale (if you go to Boulder you know what I am talking about), and without public transit, I would be late to every class. The Transit app is a mapping app that allows you to put in your destination and gives you times and routes for the Boulder buses. You will find the fastest ways to get to class for free with your bus pass.

Canvas

Did you know there was an app for Canvas? You’re welcome.

I hope you find these apps as helpful as I do. Good luck this semester Buffs!

XOXO,

Kelley

Kelley is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus CU Boulder. She is currently a senior majoring in journalism and minoring in sports media. In her free time, she likes to workout at her local CrossFit gym, hang out at coffee shops, and explore the mountains.
Sko Buffs!