sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Anderson Cooper is Coming to Boulder!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

In case you haven’t heard yet, Anderson Cooper is coming to CU!

The University of Colorado Boulder’s Distinguished Speakers Board, a student organization dedicated to bringing renowned speakers across all disciplines to campus to challenge student’s views and spark relevant discourse, is hosting this amazing event on March 6th in Macky Auditorium. 

Anderson Cooper is a readily recognizable, award-winning journalist and host of CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360°. Mr. Cooper has worked as a CNN and CBS 60 Minutes correspondent, playing a pivotal role in CNN’s coverage of international and political events. Throughout his career, he has reported in more than 40 countries! In addition to his success within journalism, he has won 16 Emmy awards, alongside the Edward R. Murrow and Peabody Awards.

“Anderson Cooper is a highly distinguished speaker and journalist, who has captured international audiences with his astute and nuanced reporting,” said CU Boulder student Jessica Yan, chair of the Distinguished Speakers Board. “His insight in current affairs will challenge us to think critically about the media we choose to believe, especially in a shifting social and political landscape.”

Not to mention that he is adored by fans around the world (just look at that smile)!

Audience members are encouraged to participate by submitting questions for Mr. Cooper via #CooperCU on Twitter or Facebook, which may be posed during a moderated Q&A.

Tickets will be sold on weekdays starting Feb. 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at a first-floor event table in the University Memorial Center until they are sold out, so get there quick! Student tickets are only $5, faculty/staff tickets are $20, and public tickets are $40!

See you all there!

Pranathi is a graduate from the University of Colorado Boulder. In her time with Her Campus at CU Boulder, she served as Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent.
Sko Buffs!