5 Ways to Start Your Day Off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

With Thanksgiving break right around the corner, it can be hard to find motivation to get through the last week. Instead of starting your morning off flustered, waking up 10-minutes before class, throwing on yesterday’s leggings and rushing out the door, here are 5 things you can each morning to start your day off right. (Oh, and btw, they don’t take much effort!)

1. Eat Breakfast

I know, I know, you hear it all the time, but that’s because it’s important! While most of us don’t have time to make a huge breakfast and sit down to eat it, there are still several ways to get the most important meal of the day in during your busy schedule. A simple granola bar, toast, or fruit can do the trick. Even though it may not be a full meal, it can give you energy for the morning and keep your stomach from growling in your morning lecture.

2. Hydrate

Again, it’s repetitive, but staying hydrated can be a simple part of your routine that can make a big difference! We get caught up in classes, work and our social lives that we often forget to give our bodies what they need most: water. Keeping a water bottle next to your bed and hydrating in the morning can boost your energy and prevent headaches or fatigue throughout the day. Just remember to bring your water bottle with you so you can hydrate all day!

3. Stretch

You can do this in bed when you’re waking up, in the kitchen while you’re waiting for your morning coffee, you can do this anywhere! There are even full-body stretches that you can look up online (some of them are under 2 minutes!) You can’t expect your body to be ready to take on the day when it has basically been shut down for several hours. Give your body a boost by doing some stretches in the morning!

4. Prepare the night before

Anything that you can do the night before, do it! Whether it’s laying out your clothes for the day, getting your backpack ready, or laying out your breakfast, you can easily save so much time by preparing things the night before. Not only will you get a few extra minutes of sleep, but you won’t feel as rushed that morning.

5. Set goals

Whether you’re doing this while doing your hair or just on your walk to class, setting goals for the day can help you kick start the day positively. These could be anything from getting your reading done, going to the gym, or scheduling an appointment you’ve been meaning to set up. Setting small goals you want to achieve for the day can help you work harder, feel motivated, and is just a good way to positively set your mind up for the day.

Starting your day off right can be a lot more important than we think. Doing small things to start our mornings a little better can make a huge difference!

Wishing everyone a great final week before Thanksgiving break!

Ella Zeiler

CU Boulder

Ella is currently an English major with a minor in Journalism at the University of Colorado Boulder.  Outside of school Ella has a love for all things writing and hopes to write or edit for a magazine one day. She shares a passion for fashion, photography and travel. In her free time she's either out exploring, finding the next photo spot, or daydreaming about living in Paris.  "Sometimes I would buy vogue instead of dinner, I just felt it fed me more." - Carrie Bradshaw 
Sko Buffs!