This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

If you told me a year ago I’d be a director for the CSU Fashion Show, be involved in multiple student organizations, and actually have friends in my classes, I’d probably laugh and fall back asleep.

My first two years of college along with my entire high school career, I was involved in nothing. I didn’t do sports, wasn’t on student council, and participated in absolutely no extra curricular activities.

Spring of my sophomore year of college, I decided to take a semester off of school. I was overwhelmed with school and work, taking a break off was much needed and I’m so thankful I took time for myself.

Being from Fort Collins, I didn’t live in the dorms my freshman year. Though that had its pros & cons, I really regret not taking initiative on my own to become more involved on campus and find my place. When I decided to come back to school the following fall semester, I knew I had to do something different.

I decided to go on a trip to Vegas with my department to attend a trade show, become part of the CSU Pink Campus team, become a Fashion Group International member, help produce & execute the CSU Fashion Show (and become a director for the Spring 2019 show), and become part of the Her Campus Team all within the past year or so. While sometimes (or most the time) I’m extremely busy, I wouldn’t change it for a thing.

Getting involved on campus has been the best decision I’ve made at CSU.

Getting involved is SO worth it. Through putting myself out there I have learned so much about myself and made incredible friends who I would have never otherwise met. I’ve grown as a person and have a clear vision of my future career paths.

Without getting involved on campus more, I wouldn’t have had the experiences that have helped myself grow so much as a person. If you’re debating whether or not to get involved, DO IT. It’s SO worth it & I promise you won’t regret it.

Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi