katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I Quit My Job…with NOTHING lined up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

If there is one thing in my life I am certain of, it’s the fact I’m a dedicated hard worker. I got my first job the summer after I graduated high school at a local creperie restaurant; it only lasted a few months, but it was fun. Within my past four years in the workforce I’ve had five jobs & worked multiple 40+ hour weeks on top of school.

This past summer, I worked two jobs (while taking 12 credits!!) and had a total of six days off from June 1st to August 1st. Needless to say, I was BEYOND EXHAUSTED, and it really affected my mental health. I was moody, not eating or sleeping enough, and incredibly unhappy.

So, what did I do? I quit my job on the spot one day without really thinking what was next. (Don’t worry, I put in my two weeks) I didn’t mean to quit it just happened one day. Although money would be tight, I know I needed to do what was best for my mental health & put that first.

It’s been a month since I’ve been employed and boy, has it been the best month ever. I get to sleep in, go out whenever I want, actually do things on the weekend. I feel free as a bird.  It sounds silly, but I’ve grown so much within this past month and can actually breathe without worrying about a work thing. Now that I’ve had the time to relax, I’m ready to get back to having a job cause let’s be real, I’m broke AF and bored AF.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you are not happy, GET OUT!! Put your mental health first and do what is best for you. You’ll thank yourself later.

Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi