This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

As someone who has super bad anxiety, I know for everyone out there it can be super hard for everyone involved in their life. Sometimes you need a lot of support. Other times you want to be alone. It’s not easy to deal with.

Having anxiety and being in college has been a struggle, but it’s definitely been helpful going to counseling and having a solid support system to help me along the way. It’s definitely hard saying that you want or need counseling, but all in all, it’s worth it and has been such a positive influence in my life and has really helped me through the good times and the bad times.

Some things I’ve found useful especially when I do have anxiety attacks is to journal when it happens just to see what I’m feeling and reflect when I’m feeling better. It’s definitely something that is very helpful and helps you learn what triggers you and you can come up with solutions on how to help yourself so you’re not always putting your issues and feelings on your loved ones.

It’s always hard to deal with, but you are never alone in the process on bettering yourself.

I'm in my second year of college, studying Zoology with a minor in Media Studies, also a member of Tri-Deezy
Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi