absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Food for Thought: Ithaca Farmer’s Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Welcome back to Food for Thought! This week I visited the Farmer’s Market with my friends Kaitlyn and Melissa.

The Food: Ithaca Farmer’s Market

Top: Korean Beef Bowl. Bottom: Korean Veggie Bowl 

Hungarian Spiced Chicken Crepe.   

The Thoughts:

1) Korean Beef Bowl, $10

Taste: 3.5/5

Value: 2/5

A standard street-style serving: half beef and half vegetables, including beets, carrots, and cabbage. The owners are friendly and cook every order in less than 5 minutes.

Kaitlyn said that, although the bowl was “pretty good,” it’s not something that she would get again.

2) Korean Veggie Bowl, $9

Taste: 3.5/5

Value: 1.5/5

Come on guys, $9 for a bowl of vegetables? I’ll pay that at Terrace but these servings are slightly smaller, in my opinion. That being said, I didn’t have any real objections with the taste, and their sauce options do a lot for a bowl of otherwise plain vegetables. It tastes clean and relatively fresh, with some wild rice at the bottom.

3) Hungarian Spiced Chicken Crepe

Taste: 3/5

Value: 2/5

Melissa went for a savory crepe a couple of stalls away. A steaming chicken crepe sounds great in theory, but Melissa described the chicken as “not her favorite.” The crepe was fine apparently — maybe the move is to stick with the sweet options.

Overall, sometimes the novelty of eating at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market outweighs the actual eating experience. However, that’s not to say I didn’t thoroughly enjoy myself there. For a few more dollars than normal we got a lot of cute pictures and enjoyed a light lunch on the dock behind the pavilion. 

Summary: Food in pretty places is expensive.

Will I be back? There are so many more places to try, so yes.

I'm Cat, and I am a junior Psychology major at Cornell! I love writing and talking about the three most important facets of my life: my favorite foods, my dog, and my tv show opinions.
Asian Studies major who enjoys horseback riding, crochet, singing, and musical theater. Passionate about public service and addressing economic inequality and women's, LGBTQ+ and minority rights.