andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Working Out During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

The most wonderful time of the semester is here… Spring Break! Whether this year you plan on catching up on sleep or hitting the beaches in Florida, you’ll need to keep up with your daily routine of working out. We know you’ve just gotten in the hang of taking the dreadful trek to the AC and want to keep your workout game strong. For those of you who may be roaming the streets of Paris and won’t have access to a gym, don’t worry, we’ve come up with a few great ways to keep those abs toned and get your daily dosage of cardio in no matter where in the world you’ll be during SB 2015. 

If you’re traveling in a big city (say London or NYC) skip the metro and walk those blocks off! Walking is a great way to be getting tons of mileage in for the day, plus you’ll be able to sightsee much more easily. Stairs instead of the elevator is a given, right? 

But we know walking can get tiring, so for the days where your two feet need a break grab a bike! Most big cities offer cheap and easy access to bike rentals that will get you anywhere you need to be and working out all in one.

Happen to be flying off to St. Thomas to soak up some Vitamin D? Reveal your inner mermaid and take advantage of that salty ocean water. You can burn up to 300 calories in just 30 minutes of swimming! Walking along the sandy beaches, paddle boarding or snorkeling isn’t a shabby alternative either. And while you’re at it, if you don’t mind bringing back some warmth and sunshine, your fellow Camels would appreciate it! 

For the hours during the day you when you find yourself lounging around the hotel room, use the time to get crunchin’. Here is a great ab workout you can easily get done before your extravagant plans for the day…

Bicycle Crunch 1 min. 

Plank with Knee Pulls 1 min. 

C-Sit Rotation 1 min. 

Heel Taps 1 min. 

Scissors 1 min. 

Roll Up 1 min. 

Take classes! If you find yourself on a cruise or in a big resort take advantage of those Pilates, Yoga and Spin classes offered thanks to your all-access orange bracelet pass. This way, you’ll be able to keep up on the Wednesday Spin Classes in the AC when we get back to campus. 

We won’t judge if you skip a day here and there because after all vacationing is all about relaxing and having fun… Spring Break 2k15 here we come!

Julie is a junior at Connecticut College from Montclair, New Jersey studying dance and psychology. She loves to share her passion for food with friends and family and has been on a life long quest to find the world's best slice of pizza. In her free time, Julie enjoys yoga and hopes to one day become a certified yoga instructor. 
Her Campus Conn Coll