This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

By now I think we have all seen those “What’s In My Purse” videos on Youtube where influencers talk about new products and their go-to essentials that they keep in their purse on a daily basis. I have to admit, I love these videos but they can get a little bit repetitive. That’s why this week on Her Campus I am going to share with our readers a list of things that I throw in my bag every day before running to class. To follow along, I will insert a photo of everything I dumped out of my bag this morning. ​ ​

1. The first item that goes in my bag is my laptop. I cannot go anywhere without it! I love the case I got from Amazon and the stickers that I purchased from Redbubble.com. 

2. The second item to go into my bag is my favorite Connecticut College water bottle from Camelbak. A great way to customize these generic water bottles is to buy a decal of your name, initials, or monogram off of Etsy.com. 

3. For the classes that I have where laptops are not allowed, I always keep a Mead Five Star five subject notebook on me. These notebooks are my favorite because I never run out of pages. 

4. I am always struggling to find a hair elastic and tend to give them away to classmates when I have extras. These Beauty 360 hair elastics come on a really helpful card so that I can always find them easily and keep them together in one spot. 

5. Headphones are a must for walking across campus. I prevent them from getting tangled up by using a hair elastic instead of spending money on one of those wrap-around chord holders. 

6. I never want to feel like I am getting sick while in class which is why I keep a packet of Emergen-C in the citrus flavor and a travel sized bottle of Advil Liqui-Gels in my purse. 

7. To go along with the Emergen-C and Advil, it never hurts to be prepared for anything, especially paper cuts. This cute little travel first aid kit from Target is perfect for on the go. 

8. When I know I am going to be away from my room for an extended period of time, I cannot risk running out of battery on my phone or laptop. I always keep a portable charger, a wall charger, and my laptop charger (not pictured) in my bag. Although each item takes up a lot of space, they are definitely worth having. 

9. To go with my notebook and all of the textbooks I carry around, I keep a pouch of pens, markers, sharpies, highlighters, and Bic White-Out in my bag. I love this little pouch because it says “Blood Type: Iced Coffee”!

A few other items that I sometimes have in my bag are sunglasses, gum or mints, lipstick or lip balm, and snacks but these items tend to change throughout the week. 

If you have been inspired to show us what is in your college bag, tag us on Instagram @Hercampusconn. 

I am a sophomore at Connecticut College studying sociology in hopes of becoming a journalist/activist.
Her Campus Conn Coll