This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

With graduation around the corner, there is a bittersweet feeling in the air, and it is likely that our seniors are feeling more bitter than sweet. If you are a senior who needs a break from your pre-graduation jitters, here is a sampling of our favorite celebrity commencement speeches that are guaranteed to make you laugh!

Stephen Colbert, Knox College, 2006

Stephen Colbert is infamously known for his cynical alter ego, and it is no surprise that it made its way into his commencement speech at Knox College in ‘06. Nonetheless, Colbert managed to share some honest words of wisdom, with his usual sarcastic undertone, of course!

Amy Poehler, Harvard University, 2011

Amy Poehler’s commencement speech at Harvard in 2011 was everything you could hope for. Packed with her usual cutthroat humor, this speech definitely makes our list of favorite commencement speeches!

Ellen Degeneres, Tulane University, 2009

Ellen’s commencement speech at Tulane University in ‘09 was far beyond a mere speech. Her notorious dance moves were prominently featured, making it more of a performance than a speech! 

Jane Lynch, Smith College, 2012

Last, but definitely not least, this speech from 2012 is easily one of our favorites! Amongst her witty anecdotes, Jane Lynch gave one of the most genuinely inspirational celeb speeches we have seen. If you are looking for a laugh, in addition to some sincere advice, this is the speech for you!

Happy Graduation, Seniors! You will be missed!

Danielle Kaplan is a senior from from Westwood, MA, studying economics and dance at Connecticut College. She is the in-house designer and Instagram contributor for Her Campus Conn Coll. In addition to Her Campus, Danielle spends most of her time rehearsing for several on-campus dance performances. Following graduation, she hopes to work for a non-profit organization related to incarceration and/or at-risk youth. But most of all, Danielle's true passions lie in avocados, dark chocolate, and cereal.
Rachel is a senior, economics major at Connecticut College and the Campus Correspondent for Conn's Her Campus Chapter! She started writing for Her Campus during her junior year and fell in love with the website and the amazing group of girls. In addition to Her Campus, Rachel is on the Executive Board of the Student Activities Council as the Director of Public Relations, so she stays very busy at Conn! Rachel is originally from Washington, DC, but plans on moving to New York after graduation, where she has lived the past few summers due to her internships with Versace and Burson-Marsteller. Besides keeping busy with school and activities, Rachel enjoys watching Scandal, eating sushi, reading anything by Malcolm Gladwell, listening to Songza, and having the best senior year with her friends!