Go Outside! The weather between summer and fall has been ideal: not too hot and not too cold!
We want to give you some great ideas to get your heart pumping on these warm days. Grab a friend and be sure to take advantage of the open field spaces that Conn has to offer, the tennis courts, and the basketball court behind the Plex. Working out with a friend is a great way to chat and catch up while feeling accomplished! Be sure to stay well hydrated throughout the day as well.
- Go on a hike through the beautiful Arboretum and Mamacoke. Sundays at 2:00 pm there are free, guided tours of the Arbo. There are also great running trails in the Arbo and behind the Athletic Center.
- Play a game of frisbee or touch football on the green!
- Take a morning jog around the perimeter of campus–this distance is actually 1 mile and Big Hig loves running around campus too!
- Borrow a bike from Spokespeople on campus and feel the wind in your hair!
- Do a workout outside. Pick a couple of these exercises and do 3 sets of 15 reps. These exercises use only your body weight so you can do them anywhere!
- Grab your yoga mat and do a yoga session on the green. YouTube has great yoga videos ranging from beginner to expert. Here is a beginner vinyasa flow class.
The benefits of getting outdoors can be great for your body and your mind by boosting your productivity, reducing stress, giving you energy, and making your skin glow! An active break from your homework for at least 15 minutes is essential for resetting your brainpower and focus.
Remember to be happy, be healthy and be you!