stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fun Ways to Stay Active over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Staying in shape during the holidays is hard when curling up on the couch and eating cookies sounds better than working out. Just because the weather outside is frightful does not mean that you cannot get outside to break a sweat. Here are some fun, and seasonal, activities to get you off the couch and moving over break!

Skiing

Grab some friends and hit the slopes over break.  It might be cold out there, but you can always warm up with a hot cocoa in the lodge.

Ice Skating

What better way to get moving than by going ice skating? Lace up those skates and head out on the ice.

Sledding

You are never too old to find a good hill to sled down. Invite your friends and go sledding. The real workout is the climb back up the hill!

Hiking

Put on a hat, a scarf, and some gloves and take a walk or a hike in a winter wonderland. Maybe even build a snowman. Do not forget to put some cookies in the oven for when you get back!

Running

If you are looking for more of a workout and want to be outside, put on some running shoes and head out. You might even find a scenic trail or a snowy, neighborhood road.

Going to the Gym

If you do not want to venture outdoors for exercise, head indoors to the gym for a cardi party. Working out indoors means no bundling up, so you can even wear shorts.

Julia is a senior who loves writing for Conn's Her Campus chapter! While she is studying economics and environmental studies, she is also interested in fashion and beauty. Her Campus has allowed Julia to incorporate these personal interests into her weekly schedule.