This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

From Manhattan’s runway to Conn’s Temple Green, people are always watching for up-and-coming trends. As we kick off the school year, the girls of Her Campus bring you the top five fashion blogs worthy of reading.  Not only do these blogs help to inspire a closet full of patterns and colors and give you a headstart on your wishlist for the holidays, they provide an excellent break from homework!

1. We have come to idolize The Coveteur, an online fashion publication highlighting trendy and popular figures all over the world. Ever wondered what happened to Baby, Ginger, Sporty, and Scary? Check out their style debut on The Coveteur’s most recent post…you can even shop their look!

2.  You CAN have your cake and eat it too! Author, Emily Schuman finally creates a blog for both the sweet tooth and the fashionista.  Check out Cupcakes and Cashmere for a delightful take on today’s cutest trends!

3. What ever happened to shoulder pads and overalls? The Man Repeller questions the exact same thing as they follow pop cultures’ fashion trends and street styles. Even better… you can shop the clothes of these trendsetters.

4. Calling all The Devil Wears Prada fans! Fashionista presents you the opportunity to peak into the world of high fashion.  Better yet, the blog has a section devoted to career and internship opportunities, so maybe one day you’ll be showing us the inside scoop!

5. No time for study abroad? You are now able to travel from Milan to Paris in just one click! New London’s fashion sense may be scarce, but after checking out Street Peeper you will be sure to have a full sense of global street fashion.

Of course, be sure to check out Her Campus Conn’s fashion blog focusing on trendsetters and styles on campus… who knows, maybe you’ll be featured! 

Want more to feed to your fashion fix? Don’t miss our event on Saturday, September 14 with Teen Vogue: Back to School Saturday

Stay fabulous, fashionistas!

My name is Amy Levenson and I am currently a sophomore at Connecticut College. This is my first year writing for Her Campus but have always enjoyed writing. Some of my favorite things include: the color yellow, coffee heath bar ice cream, Despicable Me, my dog Ollie, and the beach.
My name is Alex Breakstone and I am a current sophomore at Connecticut College, majoring in English. I love writing and am thrilled to be writing for Her Campus! One of my favorite books is The Great Gatsby, by F.S. Fitzgerald and I am obsessed with the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's (what girl isn't!). A fun fact is that I collect rubber ducks, all different shapes and sizes (I am now reaching over 60!).
Rachel is a senior, economics major at Connecticut College and the Campus Correspondent for Conn's Her Campus Chapter! She started writing for Her Campus during her junior year and fell in love with the website and the amazing group of girls. In addition to Her Campus, Rachel is on the Executive Board of the Student Activities Council as the Director of Public Relations, so she stays very busy at Conn! Rachel is originally from Washington, DC, but plans on moving to New York after graduation, where she has lived the past few summers due to her internships with Versace and Burson-Marsteller. Besides keeping busy with school and activities, Rachel enjoys watching Scandal, eating sushi, reading anything by Malcolm Gladwell, listening to Songza, and having the best senior year with her friends!