The ConnColl Senior Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Let’s be perfectly honest here, senior year of college is nothing like senior year of high school. When you combine the amount of work you have to do with the pressures of figuring out a post grad plan, this final year can be quite daunting. However, all stress aside, senior year is also supposed to be about making some final incredible memories with friends at the place you called home for the last 3 years. So, it’s important to make sure to close that book every once in a while and look up from your laptop screen to really soak in your last year. It may not always be easy, but it’s certainly going to be worth it and you will thank yourself later on for taking that “unwarranted” break! Read on for some fun things to cross off your ConnColl senior bucket list!

1) Spend some serious time in the Arboretum

Take some time out of your busy schedule this fall to even just sit amongst the trees in the Arbo. It’s a great place to clear your head and something that is definitely unique about Conn!

2) Watch the sunrise on Tempel Green

Yes, this means an early morning, but the view is one that you are sure not to forget!

3) Visit Mystic Seaport or the Mystic Aquarium

Living near Mystic is one of the coolest parts about going to Conn. Not only does Mystic offer a fun place for an evening stroll, but it is also home to two really fun attractions! Maybe even stop at the Mystic Drawbridge on your way back to campus for some excellent ice cream.

4) See a concert at Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods Casino

Take a look online to see who’s going to be playing during a given weekend. Buy your tickets and bring some friends and it’s sure to be a good time!

5) Visit Harkness Park and/or Ocean Beach

This activity is temperature dependent, but take advantage of Conn’s coastal location before it gets too cold!

6) Wear the camel mascot suit

This may require some planning and may not be entirely plausible…but if you’re interested, why not try?

7) Pull an all-nighter with your friends…but not to study

Take it back to your middle school days and pull an all-nighter with some friends just hanging out and reminiscing about the many memories you have already made!

8) Visit the new game room in Smith (RIP Smith dining hall…)

Even though we are all very bitter about Smith ceasing to exist, we might as well take advantage of the new establishment, right?

9) Visit Humphrey’s at least once for a senior bar night

If not for the drinks, at least go for the free snacks!

10) Take as many pictures as possible and document all your memories for one last time!

This one is not a distinct activity to check off, but this year is a big one and you are going to want to remember it. Take pictures or document your memories in a journal so you never forget your senior year of college!

#picsoritdidnthappen

Have an awesome year, senior camels! You deserve it!

Francesca is a senior at Connecticut College double majoring in Biology and Italian. She is from Bethany, CT and is a huge Friends and Greys Anatomy enthusiast!
Her Campus Conn Coll