free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Best Internship Websites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

As Thanksgiving break (and then winter break soon after) approaches, it is time to begin the search for a summer internship. Internships are great because they give you a sense of what you might want to pursue for a career post-graduation. Yet, finding internships is equally as hard as applying for them. Does it feel as if after hours and hours of searching the web, you still haven’t found an internship that you are interested in, or one that you can still apply for? Before you lose all hope, check out these five awesome internship websites!

1. Indeed.com 

Indeed is one of the many job searching websites that has the ability to filter out postings by companies you are interested in! The great thing about Indeed is that by creating an account, in addition to saving your most recent searches, you can track various key words such as the company or industry you want to work in and get email updates on new postings that use those keywords! It’s a great tool to know how long a job post has been up on a company’s website!

2. Looksharp

Looksharp is similar to Indeed in that you can narrow your internship search by position, time of year, and location. 

3. LinkedIn

Linkedin is a networking website for the working world. Not only is it used for you to look up possible employers, but for companies to scout out potential employees. By making an account you can follow your favorite companies and get notifications when they publish a new position! LinkedIn is a great way to learn about a company’s online professional presence and to showcase your skills and other information that is not on your resume.

4. Glassdoor

On Glassdoor you not only search job positions, can learn about specific companies from the employee perspective. It also can give you job and company specific interview tips posted by other past interviewees! 

5. Idealist 

Looking to intern with a non-profit this summer? This is a website you should definitely check out! 

6. Her Campus Job Board

#HCXO!  Ever dreamed about working for Her Campus? Her Campus’ job board has all the Her Campus positions currently available. Not as many positions as you thought available? Make sure to contact them to inquire about possible internship openings!

Hallie is a Junior who enjoys writing for Conn Coll’s Her Campus chapter! Not only does she love the fact that she shares the same initials as Her Campus (HCXO!), but she loves being part of the Her Campus Conn Coll community, as well as having the opportunity of integrating her passion for photography, journalism, and pop culture throughout her posts. She is currently on the executive board of Her Campus Conn Coll and manages the twitter account.
Her Campus Conn Coll