This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Here are some great movies to get you in the Halloween mood!
With only one day left before the big day, it’s time to get excited! These movies will make you laugh, scream and get fired up for the scariest holiday of the year! 

1. The Little Vampire

Seriously, who doesn’t like The Little Vampire? It’s a halloween classic! And the cutest movie about bloodsucking vampires to ever exist.

2. Halloween

Michael Myers is the only serial killer that can walk at 2 mph and still catch up with you.

3. I Know What You Did Last Summer

Oh sweet 90s. If you love Jennifer Love-Hewitt as much as we do….this is a must watch.

4. The Orphan

If you are in the mood for something really creepy and weird, then this is a movie you want to watch.

5. Scream

This movie is kinda hilarious….

6. Psycho

Because Norman Bates is both horribly terrifying and awfully attractive.

7. The Skeleton Key

After watching this film, there’s a chance that you might not trust old people ever again…

8. Se7en

Kevin Spacey will haunt my dreams forever. Also, everybody loves a distressed Brad Pitt.

9. When A Stranger Calls

Basically 90 minutes of Camilla Belle slowly walking through dark hallways. Warning: Extreme Anxiety.

10. The Birds

Very stressed after watching this. Whenever there’s a big flock of birds, we automatically run for cover.

11. Van Helsing

Cool story line and even cooler special effects.

12. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Do you watch this for Halloween or for Christmas…? We say go for it for both!

13. Halloweentown

Everybody loves a Disney Channel classic.

14. Hocus Pocus

Bette Midler’s career-defining performance. Amazing.

15. The Haunting in Connecticut

Because it takes place in Connecticut. Duh.

Okay, so here you are, 15 movies to get you feeling the Halloween spirit. Enjoy them during this Halloween season, either snuggled up in your bed, or you could even host a Halloween movie party and serve these delectably creepy cocktails!

Anne Colletta is a senior at Connecticut College, she is majoring in Art History and is a candidate for a Museum Studies Certificate. She is from Long Island, and loves social media, boy bands, and antiquing on weekends.
Her Campus Conn Coll
I am a sophomore here at Connecticut College. Go Camels! My plan is to double major in Computer Science and Art, tying them together with the Ammerman Center for Arts and Technology. My home town is Stormville,NY a tiny hamlet two hours north of the big NYC. This year on campus I am a Student Advisor for incoming freshmen, a Peer Tutor as well as a Her Campus writer. I'm really into public art, mason jars, coffee, snuggly sweaters and kittens.