Meet the Her Campus Concordia Team – Marian Rebeiro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Name: Marian Rebeiro

Age: 26

Program: Graduate Diploma, Communication Studies

Instagram handle: @a.certainslant.oflight

Other organizations at Concordia you belong to: Media History Research Centre; The Link

Favourite place you’ve traveled to: Calcutta, India

Guilty pleasure: vampire fiction

Favourite book: Le petit prince and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Favourite movie: Currently it’s Chicago

Why did you decide to join Her Campus? To get involved with my school, and join a community of bright, eloquent women who have something to say. And to have a platform that encourages and challenges me to create on a regular basis.

If you weren’t in your major, what would you be studying? Children’s Literature

Career aspiration? TV Writer  

iPhone or Android? Android

What’s your most used emoji? ?   

Which Friends character are you? Somewhere between Rachel and Joey (I’m food-crazed)

What are you currently binging on Netflix? Mad Men and Friends

Something most people wouldn’t assume about you: I really love going to the gym

What are your favourite things to do in your spare time? Reading, baking, traveling & curating playlists as though they’re soundtracks to everyday life

Goals for 2018? Secure an internship for my program that leads to a great career in education and outreach for media and the arts

Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.