Four Things to Look Forward to After Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

We are all looking forward to that day where we could throw our textbook’s into a dark corner of our room, binge the show we’ve been thinking about for weeks, or even just get back to having a proper social life where the conversation won’t include talking about a group project. In light of this, I have provided four ideas that I think everyone should get a chance to do on their time off.

1. Hit up a great restaurant with friends

Something I like to plan with my friends is a night at a nice restaurant to treat ourselves for all of our hard work. It’s fun to get all dressed up and head out for a night on the town! In the past, my friends and I enjoyed a beautiful dinner at Jardin Nelson in the Old Port. The restaurant had such a great vibe to it, with trees and vines and live jazz music. I think the live jazz band is what made the entire experience so perfect. The food was great and the sangria was on point!

1. Head to the spa

Nothing is more relaxing than going to the spa and staying in the baths until your skin starts to wrinkle! Get your favorite bathing suit and soak up the spa experience with your friends and make it a night out! Me and some of my girls had gone to Spa Finlandais, the price for access to the baths costed us about $35.00 after 6:00 p.m. (during the week).

1. Binge a show on Netflix

There is absolutely nothing more satisfying (and kind of disgusting) than binging a great show on Netflix! Grab a tub of ice cream, or a bag of chips and treat yourself to a great week of binge-watching a great show! I know I’m looking forward to completing Nashville, but choose whatever floats your boat! If you haven’t started watching Stranger Things, it’s most definitely something to consider!

1. Visit Family/Go on a mini trip

If you have the cash flow, it’s nice to take a week and go somewhere tropical, or to go and visit some family if you’re not from Montreal. Two years ago, my best friend and I went to Cuba for one week, not that we really had the money but hey, spend on experience right? It was honestly the most relaxing thing we could’ve done! If going somewhere tropical isn’t in your budget, four or five days spent in Toronto or even New York can be great to relax.

Kami Katopodis

Concordia CA '19

President of HC Concordia • Poet • Major in Human Relations • Minor in Diversity in the Contemporary World •
Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.