8 Things Successful People Do On Sundays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

1. Clean their space

Things tend to accumulate during the week as you’re rushing from one thing to the next. Use Sundays to tidy up so you can start the week off in a clean environment.

2. Food prep

Who has time to cook when you have to wake up at the crack of dawn for school and then go to your evening work shift afterwards? No one! However, you have a whole Sunday afternoon to cook and leave yourself enough leftovers to last the week. This way you save money while maintaining a balanced diet.

3. #SoberSunday

You might finally have time to go out for drinks, but that is what Friday and Saturday nights are for. Even though that bottle of wine may be calling your name, Monday mornings are hard enough and hangovers just make them worse. Try to avoid drinking on Sundays.

4. Organize the week

When you’re juggling work and school while trying to handle a bit of a social life, things can get pretty crazy. That’s why it helps to organize your appointments and homework before you get overwhelmed during the week.

5. Plan outfits

If you want to be extra prepared, you can save yourself a few minutes every morning by planning which outfits you want to wear each day. An extra five minutes of sleep can be so precious.

6. Digital detox

Sometimes it helps to take some time away from the hustle and bustle of our lives and disconnect ourselves from the digital world. Why not read a book instead of refreshing your Tumblr, Facebook and Instagram newsfeeds? We’re constantly absorbing information, whether it be through ads on the metro, buses or on websites. Take some time for yourself and recharge.

7. Let go of last week’s hardships

Meditate or write a letter with a list of all the things that went wrong during the previous week. Let go of these hardships and start the week ready and refreshed.

8. Just do you

Use this day for yourself to do whatever you wish you had time to do during the week. Treat yourself while you do you.

Jessica Coe

Concordia CA

Jessica Coe is an English Literature student at Concordia University who is often found with her nose in a book when she isn't in class or at work. She hopes to work for a book publishing company, ideally as an author but if that isn't written in the stars, she will gladly be an editor. When she isn't reading or writing she is most likely binge-watching her latest obsession on Netflix, with friends or family, or going for walks with her dog. Follow her Tumblr to see some of her more personal and creative works!
Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.