Top 5 Vegan Recipes Your Non-Vegan Family and Friends Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

With the holidays right around the corner, holiday eating can be difficult when with non-vegan family and friends. I find that if I don’t tell someone a dish is vegan, healthy, gluten-free or otherwise, they like the food one hundred times better.

That said, the key to winning at Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve and everything in between is comfort food—vegan comfort food made with delicious, fresh ingredients that make it taste exactly like the original. These are 5 of my go-to recipes to bring to family and friend gatherings for the holidays.

Vegan Snickerdoodle cookies

Best recipe found on Bakerita

Vegan Chili

Best recipe found on Budget Bytes

Vegan Mac n Cheese

Best recipe found on Tasty

Eggplant Parmesan

Best recipe found on Goodful

Vegan Pumpkin Pie

Best recipe found on Tasty

Alexandra Yetter

Columbia Chicago

Alexandra is currently a student at Columbia College Chicago where she is underway to earn a major in journalism with a concentration in news and features, as well as studying French language and culture. There is nothing she loves more than wandering around cities, curling up with a good book, and writing for hours.
Briana Kennedy

Columbia Chicago '19

I am a Columbia College Chicago student majoring in Advertising and double minoring in Marketing and Social Media & Digital Strategy. I am currently a strategy intern for Fusion92. In my free time, I enjoy reading, running, watching Netflix, exploring Chicago, and finding the cutest coffee shops.