Weekly Wellness Tip: Meet Someone New

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Last week, we chatted about branching out by finding a new way to be active. Today, I’m shoving out of your comfort zone once again by asking you to introduce yourself to someone new.

Maybe it’s just me, but after about 6 weeks on campus I’m itching to break out of my niche and experience even more of what college has to offer. While it was intimidating to reach out to new people this weekend, I ended up having some of my best experiences thus far!

So take my word for it – cause you do every week, right? ;) – and text that girl in your lecture to set up a study date, say hi to your neighbor in the halls, or reach out to an upperclassmen who looks like they know what’s up. I’m not saying it’ll be easy, but I can promise it’ll be worth it.

A self-proclaimed dark chocolate hoarder living and learning in Manhattan. A book-lover at heart, Olivia can most often be found reading, doing yoga, or destressing on the swings in Riverside Park.
Sydney Hotz

Columbia Barnard

Sydney is in love with New York City, dogspotting, and chorizo tacos. She's an aspiring novelist, a Barnard feminist, and might deny she was born in New Jersey.