This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Lately the weather is on a major mood swing spree! It’s is different every single day, and checking the temperature before choosing your outfit is almost holy grail at this point. But there are few days every week when the weather gods decide to be extremely generous and provide us with a sunny and pleasantly warm winter day amidst 40 degree weather. Therefore, it is extremely important to make the most of these days. Here are my favorite activites to do on a warm winter day:

1. Go to Bryant Park

Bryant Park is definitely one of my most favorite places in the city, it has a vibe of it’s own and sitting around the hustle and bustle of people, sipping on a cold brew makes for a lovely day. It’s not too close and not too far, it’s the perfect happy place! Also try out Lady M for pastries and Blue Bottle Cafe for coffee while you’re there!

2. Bike around Central Park

New York City is big on the whole indoor stadium biking culture with Flywheel and Soulcycle opening up at every other corner. However, cycling around beautiful scenery under the shy winter sun has it’s own magical feeling, which beats any spinning class you’ve ever taken – it’s like riding to the beat of mother nature!

3. Go Shopping

Good weather is definitely a sign to go shopping! Since most of NYC shopping is out on the streets, it’s ideal to make a fantastic shopping day out of some sunshine. Visit flea markets or walk around SoHo.

4. Walk on the Brooklyn Bridge or the Highline

I don’t have enough words to express how great it feels: to walk around looking at the amazing views around you, under the sweet little sun’s rays, with a light winter breeze and the perfect companion walking with you – I would do this right now if the weather outside was warmer!

So next time the weather strikes above 50 grab a light coat and say good bye to sitting in bed and watching Netflix!