nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

This article was written by Ariana Chuback.

Over the past few days, life on campus has been rough in more ways than one. Here are some quotes that I find particularly healing, and hopefully, they’ll help you find some relief during these tough times. 

“There is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think” –Winnie the Pooh

“Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary. The people we trust with that important talk can help us know that we are not alone” –Fred Rogers

“In times of pain, when the future is too terrifying to contemplate and the past too painful to remember, I have learned to pay attention to right now. The precise moment I was in was always the only safe place for me” –Julia Cameron

“We can endure much more than we think we can; all human experience testifies to that. All we need to do is learn not to be afraid of pain. Grit your teeth and let it hurt. Don’t deny it, don’t be overwhelmed by it. It will not last forever. One day, the pain will be gone and you will still be there” –Harold Kushner

“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them” –James O’Barr

“For some moments in life there are no words” –David Seltzer

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow” –Mary Anne Radmacher

“Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality” –Emily Dickinson

“You give yourself permission to grieve by recognizing the need for grieving. Grieving is the natural way of working through the loss of a love. Grieving is not weakness nor absence of faith. Grieving is as natural as crying when you are hurt, sleeping when you are tired or sneezing when your nose itches. It is nature’s way of healing a broken heart” –Doug Manning

“It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop” –Confucius

Rachel Beinus

Columbia Barnard '21

Rachel is a current junior at Barnard College studying history, as well as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Columbia Barnard. Not only does she enjoy writing, but she also loves Myers-Briggs personality types, fashion, and chocolate.