XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

My Personal Experience with CeraVe Skincare

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

My journey with acne was a long and painful one. I remember having uncontrollably oily skin and having huge pimples show up everywhere on my face, from my forehead to my cheeks to my chin. I was really self-conscious about my acne and wanted a quick solution to it. I tried a number of products that were marketed as miracle-working and skin-clearing, but each one seemed to make me break out even worse than the one before. Everything seemed to burn my skin, cause a breakout, or just not do anything. I also remember trying a number of homemade remedies which did not help at all. I really felt hopeless for a while

Finally, we visited a dermatologist. She prescribed me a face wash, a moisturizer, and a night cream that I would use every day. Although the face wash irritated my skin (it contained benzoyl peroxide, which I stopped using immediately), I found that the moisturizer was especially effective. It was the CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with Sunscreen. After I cut out the face wash, I could see the healing effects of the moisturizer. My pimples began to shrink and my skin cleared up. The redness of my skin and the scars of past pimples began starting to disappear. It was like a dream come true. After a while, I realized I needed a face wash to clean my face. Seeing how well the CeraVe moisturizer worked, I started using CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. My face started to feel so clean and I loved it. 

To anyone who hasn’t tried CeraVe skincare products yet: now is the time. If you have sensitive skin, this could be the right product for you. I now understand that one of the problems I had when trying different skincare products was that I had sensitive skin. Benzoyl peroxide was definitely not it for me. CeraVe products have a relatively simple list of ingredients that are great on sensitive skin. Another one of my favorite qualities of CeraVe products is how light the product feels on my skin. The moisturizer feels like it moisturizing my face without making it feel like there’s a heavy layer of cream. The face wash is gentle and light, and it cleans my skin super well. I’m in love with the way it has helped my skin heal. Sometimes it’s better not to opt for fancy products with fragrance and colorful packaging and with complicated ingredients lists. CeraVe skincare products are simple and effective and have really helped me in my journey with acne. 

Izabella Lizarazo

Columbia Barnard '24

Izabella is a freshman at Barnard College, often found listening and/or singing along to show tunes or Latin jazz. She's a fan of journaling, organizing, and writing. She is almost always available to go out and talk over a bubble tea or ice cream with friends. Although she is undecided on what her college major will be, Izabella is interested in history, politics, literature, and Spanish and Latin American cultures.