How to Rock All-Black in Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Spring is (debatably) here! Spring is such a fun season to dress for- after a long winter of hats, coats, and boots, we get to shed our winter necessities and break out the uplifting spring apparel. From sandals and dresses, to cropped pants and sunglasses, spring is debatably the easiest season to dress for. However, spring trends are usually associated with bright, sunny colors, floral, and pastels, so what do you do if you live in black year round? There are ways to maintain your chic, classic style while embracing fun spring trends. Here are some idea to make the all black combination spring appropriate.

1)     Black Maxi Dress

Maxi dresses are a great way to transition to warmer temperatures. Throw on a jean jacket to dress it down and survive chilly spring mornings.

bostonproper.com

2)     Black crop top

Nothing says spring like a crop top! Try one with lace or fringe to make black more playful and fun. Pair it with high-waisted black shorts for an edgy all black look.

www.freepeople.com

3)     A black scalloped dress

One of the biggest spring trends is scallop detailing on dresses, skirts, shirts, and even shoes. Take the LBD to a whole new level and transition your all black winter look to spring by picking up a black scalloped dress. The scallops make wearing all black a little less serious- perfect for spring.

www.urbanoutfiters.com

4)     Black Sunhat

An absolute essential for spring and summer is a big straw hat for the beach. Choose one in black for a chic yet practical look.

www.jcrew.com

5)     Black sunglasses

Last but not least, complete your all black look with classic black sunglasses. Not only do they protect your eyes from the summer sun, but they also are the perfect spring accessory.

www.ray-ban.com